Criteria for inclusion on the UKABIF Approved Lawyers List
- Each firm should have at least one accredited member of APIL (Association of Personal Injury Lawyers)
- Each firm should have at least one member of the Law Society Accreditation Scheme
- Each firm should have at least one partner who has particular experience and expertise in the litigation of brain injury
- Each firm should have settled at least two claims on behalf of Claimants in excess of £1m in the last 12 months
- Each firm should have at least five ongoing complex brain injury cases with projected settlement values that are likely to be more than £1m
- Each firm should have settled at least one claim in the last 12 months requiring Court approval
- Each firm should be able to demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to the importance of brain injury rehabilitation.
- At least one person from each firm must attend a UKABIF brain injury workshop at least once a year.
We reserve the right to ask further questions of each law firm and we may ask for an anonymised case study to help us in our assessment.
We do not wish to exclude smaller firms who provide an excellent service and it is for this reason that we invite applications from firms which do not quite met the above criteria and these will be considered by the UKABIF legal panel. If you wish to so apply please submit your application outlining which areas you do comply with and why you believe that your firm should be included in the list. The panel will consider your application and may contact you for further details.
If you would like to apply to join the list please contact us on 0345 6080788 or email email@example.com or complete this form.
The UKABIF Approved Lawyers List is a guide for those wishing to contact legal professionals experienced in Acquired Brain Injury. UKABIF cannot be held responsible for any advice given by firms featuring on the list. UKABIF reserves the right to remove firms from this list at any time.