If you are passionate about working with – or want to learn more about the experiences of the families of brain injury survivors – then this is the conference for you. Royds Withy King Solicitors are proud to announce their inaugural national Brain Injury Conference – this year focusing on supporting the family and professional relationship in the context of acquired brain injury.
Set in the iconic Rhodes House in historic Oxford, this conference for professionals will bring together family members of brain injury survivors and internationally recognised experts in the field to share their stories, learning and wisdom in understanding family needs after brain injury.
Through linking the latest clinical and research evidence base and the personal accounts of family members, this conference promises to be an illuminating and informative day, offering a unique perspective on the needs of families and how professionals and families can work more effectively together towards improved outcomes.
Speakers & Programme
We are pleased to announce that our key note presentation will be given by Professor Jeffrey Kreutzer (PhD, ABPP, FACRM Rosa Schwarz Cifu Professor and Associate Chairman Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Virginia Commonwealth University; Director, Virginia Commonwealth TBI Model System) who has pioneered innovative family interventions in the context of acquired brain injury.
For more information please click here
Confirmed speakers include:
- Dr Audrey Daisley – Consultant Clinical Neuropsychologist UK
- Dr Giles Yeates – Consultant Clinical Neuropsychologist and Couples Therapist, UK
- Dr Mark Holloway – Brain injury social worker UK
- Maggie Sargent – Brain Injury Case Manager and Co-ordinator of Silverlining
- Tracy Norris-Evans – Partner Royds Withy King and Head of Personal Injury UK
- Nicola Hughes – Chair of Headway Darlington and wife of brain injury survivor
- Nicky Wake – CEO Don’t Panic Projects and wife of brain injury survivor
- Rob Kuschel – Brain Injury Case Manager and brother of brain injury survivor
- Cerys Hughes – Child of a brain injury survivor
- John Keen – Parent of a brain injury survivor
Throughout the day our artist-in-residence, Jo Brown, will be illustrating the conference themes. Please take a look at her work during the breaks and she welcomes you to add your own ideas and drawings.
£195+VAT for Early Bird tickets
£99+VAT subsidised rate for those working within NHS, Statutory Services, Charities, or Students
Early bird ticket deadline closes – Friday 28 June
Contact us to reserve your early bird rate place now.
Please contact Sian Clifford on:01706 828 855