Northampton Acquired Brain Injury Forum Meetings
Scheduled Meetings and Events
Northamptonshire Acquired Brain Injury Forum Present “Movement Disorders after Brain Injury” (treatments and support strategies)
January 30, 20185:30 pm – 11:28 am
The Sunley Conference Centre
Boughton Green Road
Northampton, NN2 7A
Including a presentation from Richard Welch of Remotion Limited on the Mollii suit.
The seminar is Free of Charge
Northamptonshire Acquired Brain Injury Forum Meeting: Concussion and Head Injury in Sport January 12, 2017 6:30 pm
This is a topic of current widespread interest as research identifies the brain damaging consequences of concussions sustained in sports such as rugby, football, and boxing, and the potential longer term effects upon the development of progressive neurological illnesses, such as dementia.
Of interest to health and social care workers, sports educationalists, litigators and anyone with a personal commitment to sport and well-being for themselves or loved ones. Admission is free, please reserve a place using firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the ABIF Northants website: www.abifnorthants.co.uk
Welfare benefits seminar sponsored by the Northamptonshire Acquired Brain Injury Forum
May 26, 2016, 3pm
Sunley Management Centre
University of Northampton
The Northamptonshire Acquired Brain Injury Forum is sponsoring a seminar on the welfare benefits system. This topic affects many people with acquired brain injury and professionals working with them. It is of particular interest at the moment with disability benefits issues featuring regularly in the news.
We are delighted that our speakers are provided by Frenkel Topping, the leading provider of financial support and advice for vulnerable individuals.
It will also provide an opportunity to learn more about ABIF Northants and to become involved as a member.
If you would like to attend, please email email@example.com to book your free place(s).
Further information will be available on our website www.abifnorthants.com
The 4th Annual Northamptonshire Acquired Brain Injury Forum Conference: Brain Injury – Who Cares ? May 21, 2015
This conference will be exploring the implications of the Care Act and hearing how survivors, families and professionals continue to fight to get what they need
Kettering Conference Centre
Thursday 29th January 3.30pm at Shoosmiths Solicitors, The Lakes Northampton
Draft Programme for conference:-
(1) The Care Act and its implications for brain injury survivors and their families – Louise is liaising with Frances Billingham, NCC
(2) Battling the system (legal challenges to decisions about care/treatment) – Tollers colleagues to make contact with Angela Sherman (Care to be Different)
(3) ABI and the criminal justice system – a missed opportunity? – Nick Alderman to make contact
(4) Brain injury survivor’s story – James Piercy – I have spoken with James, seems interested, likely to be a fee
(5) Cognitive aids/supports/strategies – I have e-mailed Nigel Harris, University of Bath, seems likely to attend
(6) What do brain injury survivors want? Survivors speak out – TBA with local Headway colleagues (video footage??)
(7) Marketplace/Meet the Expert