Child Brain Injury Trust Annual Conference - 'It’s a Family Affair'
March 29, 2017 –
For our 11th Annual Conference we will focus solely on families - they are at the heart of the service that the charity delivers, and families are the main stakeholders of the services that professionals across health, education and law provide.
The day will focus on the IMPACT ON THE FAMILY, including families and young people talking about their personal experiences:
- Stress on parental relationships
- Sibling relationships – from sibling to carer
- Coping with the new normality of their changed family
- Increased costs when you have a child with disabilities
- Coping with the change in circumstances, what help and support is available
- Getting a good night’s sleep
- Housing – adaptations and moving home
- Transport and leisure activities
- Learning to cope with and perhaps challenge the system to meet the needs of all children in the family.
We are delighted to have some leading experts in their areas of work speaking at this event including:
Dr Anne Gordon - Evelina London Children’s Hospital
Monica McCaffrey – CEO Sibs Charity
Dr Sian Hocking – University of Exeter
Standard Rate (Private Organisations and independent practitioners) £190.00
Reduced Rate (Public Sector, Organisations, Charities) £145.00
FAMILY PLACES – as we are focussing on Families, this year we have 60 subsidised places at our Conference for families (parents/carers), at a charge of £30 per place to help cover our costs.
Once the 60 subsidised rate places are taken, the charge will be increased to £50
Full details of the event and Registration details can be obtained here.
If you have any queries about this event please email email@example.com